Mission Progress

  • Windurst Rank 10, Complete.
  • Bastok Rank 10, Complete.
  • San d'Oria Rank 10, Complete.
  • Rise of the Zilart, Complete.
  • Chains of Promathia, Complete.
  • Treasure of Aht Urghan, Complete.
  • Assault Rank, First Lieutenant.
  • Campaign Rank, Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮

Salvage Progress - Skadi's Cuirie Set

  • 15 - O - O - C - O = Skadi's Visor
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Cuirie
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Bazubands
  • O - 25 - O - O - O = Skadi's Chausses
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Jambeaux

Salvage Progress - Morrigan's Robe Set

  • O - O - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Crown
  • 15 - 25 - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Robe
  • 15 - 25 - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Cuffs
  • O - O - 35 - O - G = Morrigan's Slops
  • O - O - 35 - O - G = Morrigan's Pigaches

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Art of Black Magic

Some old man I know I think hit the nail on the head. Black Mage is a differen't type of job then what I'm use to. I mentioned in a previous post, that the hate element is kind of different, but it's not just that. It's how the job is actually played. You don't just hit an auto-attack and then do your WS when you can. It's...yea, just something else.

So, with that in mind, I would like to inform you of perhaps, the coolest\best geared\most awesome Tarutaru since Motai. His name is Elfaria. He hasn't been on in ages because of real life technical difficulities, or so I'm told.

When I first took up BLM, I have a very detailed discussion with him about how much INT you need in relation to Elemental Magic Skill, etc. etc. and how you should balance INT\Elemental Magic Skill\MAB.

So, my question to you people is what is a good way to balance out those three stats? At what point do I have enough Elemental Magic Skill and can focus on Int\MAB, and how much INT=MAB so I know if X INT is better than X MAB?

I've looked around a bit, but can't seem to find any BLM guides (That I understand.) I've just about finished my Thief Gear Sets (minus R\E and Salvage gear) so I'm looking to start buffing up my Black Mage gear.

That's all for now.

Also, Loldrg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kallo...Elvaan are so terrible at Blm...I have 694 mp. Q_Q But as for gear it kinda depends on what you are fighting...for normal exp shit you can pretty much just wear your hq staves and then stack INT/MAB everywhere you want(I do at least and I don't really get resisted very often...finish your elemental Magic merits tho). For HNM you can read about 120INT/320skill builds but thats pretty much impossible to get on Elvaan without full merits on everything and they best possible gear. When I've done Ultima I was sitting at 123Int/323 skill and never resisted once...but thats Aquilo's Staff + prudence torque + af+1 hands.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Seig. =) Had a few talks with some other BLMs too and I think I've got everything figured out.