Mission Progress

  • Windurst Rank 10, Complete.
  • Bastok Rank 10, Complete.
  • San d'Oria Rank 10, Complete.
  • Rise of the Zilart, Complete.
  • Chains of Promathia, Complete.
  • Treasure of Aht Urghan, Complete.
  • Assault Rank, First Lieutenant.
  • Campaign Rank, Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮

Salvage Progress - Skadi's Cuirie Set

  • 15 - O - O - C - O = Skadi's Visor
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Cuirie
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Bazubands
  • O - 25 - O - O - O = Skadi's Chausses
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Jambeaux

Salvage Progress - Morrigan's Robe Set

  • O - O - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Crown
  • 15 - 25 - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Robe
  • 15 - 25 - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Cuffs
  • O - O - 35 - O - G = Morrigan's Slops
  • O - O - 35 - O - G = Morrigan's Pigaches

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Stylet vs Sirocco

Alright! So, for once, I actually have something that may be worth your while to post for! Why you ask? Because for once, I'm asking for your opinion. Now, before you get all uppity, I know you're not thieves but the question comes more so from the realm of how dual wield works, etc. etc. So you may still have some input.

So, here's my question...which would serve as a better off hand?






Or!








Now! I know the general consensus is that Sirocco Kukri is the way to go and I've never doubted that. Got my Sirocco long time ago and I've never regretted it for a single second. However, I'm not getting to the point were my gear is pretty respectable, especially my TP set. On mobs with low to moderate evasion I'm getting 100%TP+ somewhere between 30-45 seconds. I've always assumed the Sirocco was the better choice because of the 150 delay.

So, my question is, with my haste gear getting close to being capped if I switched to a Stylet offhand would my delay suffer that greatly? If not, I figure more SA\WS mods are never a bad thing.

Also, Blau Dolch is in my main hand.

So, any comments or feedback is greatly appriciated. Again, I have no idea exactly how dual wield works or how haste affects any of it. So, yea.

Also, Izman's a girl.

2 comments:

Miryoku said...

When dual wielding weapons with different Delays, the average Delay (reduction included) is used for the TP calculations; both weapons will gain the same TP. So you need to take the average delay when using each set of daggers. Delay reductions frome dual wield for a 75thf/nin is 15% + 5% if you have a suppa. So even when using stylet, you're going to gain the same amount of TP if you were using s. kukri.
TP Equations:

0 - 180 // 5.0 + [(Delay - 180) * 1.5 / 180]
180 - 450 // 5.0 + [(Delay - 180) * 6.5 / 270]

So although it appears you would get more tp with a stylet from those equations, once you factor in the delay reduction from duel wield you're notice that you still fall into the same tp catagory and gain as much tp as before. Now you just hit slower.

Unless you can find a dagger that hits much harder and has a longer delay (the rare/ex harpe for ex.), you're pretty much set with what you have.

Oh yes, and you're old gramps. ^^b

Miryoku said...

Actually scratch that...you would technically get more tp. So you will get .4 ish TP for an extra 45 delay which depending on your haste build and dual wielding can be lowered even more. So maybe stylet is the way to go if your haste set is up there. But you know what? Get off your cane and just go try it out dhalmel!!!