Mission Progress

  • Windurst Rank 10, Complete.
  • Bastok Rank 10, Complete.
  • San d'Oria Rank 10, Complete.
  • Rise of the Zilart, Complete.
  • Chains of Promathia, Complete.
  • Treasure of Aht Urghan, Complete.
  • Assault Rank, First Lieutenant.
  • Campaign Rank, Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮

Salvage Progress - Skadi's Cuirie Set

  • 15 - O - O - C - O = Skadi's Visor
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Cuirie
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Bazubands
  • O - 25 - O - O - O = Skadi's Chausses
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Jambeaux

Salvage Progress - Morrigan's Robe Set

  • O - O - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Crown
  • 15 - 25 - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Robe
  • 15 - 25 - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Cuffs
  • O - O - 35 - O - G = Morrigan's Slops
  • O - O - 35 - O - G = Morrigan's Pigaches

Friday, January 9, 2009

That one where I type a lot.

Ugh! Yea, so it's been awhile since an update hasn't it? Wow! Alright...shoot, let's see, where to start, where to start...I really don't know what I have or haven't talked about and I'm to lazy to look! So let's cover a lot of the bigger things before we get into recent months, shall we? And if I leave anything out that someone thought should've been in here. Well, STFU.

I think one of my bigger accomplishments in previous months, which is sort of old is that I have indeed finally gotten Black Mage to level 75! That makes two now! Yea! I've done a tiny bit of meriting on it. I have +10 MP, +Burst II, +2 Ice\Lightning Potency and +2 Elemental\Enfeebling Magic Skill. The past couple days me and Juxta (RDM) have been going out to Mount Zhayolm and duo'ing Wamoura Princes. It's all good fun and I enjoy the solo\duo part of Black Mage as much as I ever have.

Now, even though I only have a /NIN sub for my BLM, Ringthree and Omoi have had me come to some Versus events as Black Mage -- mainly it's just been Limbus, which isn't too bad. It's basically just a bit of nuking and sleeping when needed. They had me go to an Airship fight for CoP and I really hated playing Black Mage there.

The reason, I think I don't like playing Black Mage in a party-type situation, is I have no control over the hate. As a Thief I have perfect control over it, I KNOW when I will get hate and I KNOW how to get rid of it. I know how to take it, who to give it to. I am in complete control. Even as a Ranger, I can't control it as much as I can on Thief, but I sure as hell know when I'm going to take hate. But Black Mage, I don't know...it's hard to tell and feel like your doing your job at the same time. See, on Ranger I can just ranged attacked and not take hate but still be contributing to the fight. As a Black Mage I'm afraid to nuke because I don't want to take hate. So, as a result I end up standing there until 50% HP or below before I do anything and I feel useless or like I'm not doing something right for most of it.

They're having me come Black Mage to sky on Sunday night though, which means Magic Bursts and Stun Order, so I should have some new revelations on being a Black Mage to share with you at a later time. Onward!

With Black Mage resting at 75, I've picked up my second love a second time. Since Omoi was kind enough to let me borrow her spare E-Bow, I've became a Ranger again. And goddamnit I love this fucking job so fucking much! I sync'd to level 55 and STILL hit a 1,100 Sidewinder! That's so sexy! And do you know why?! Because I don't even have Archery merits! I put all my merits into Marksmanship, imagine when I get to 67 and equip my O-Bow and get all my better gear! /glee! Aah! Things are going to drop so fast and hard.

I'll probably be that thing most of the time! But I'll go down in glory!

Versus has started back up from the Holiday season in full swing, and with them so have I! We started with Sky and I snagged some Wyrmal Hands for my Ranger (Which is currently 64), though I already have Seiryu's Kote so I don't know if I'd actually use them. I almost got Zenith Mittens from Genbu, but he was greedy. We did some Limbus as I mentioned up top a little bit and I managed to grab a supple skin to match my thread for Thief AF+1. I've already got the armlets which I'm pretty happy with. The only other piece I want is the Pants +1 for my TAWS. Even then, I don't really NEED that. So I'm going to wait until I get my Boxer's Mantle before I spend coins on it. If I get the other stuff to make more AF+1 for Thief, I might do it just for the hell of it. We'll see. I kind of want a Loq. Earring too, so I don't know.

On another note! Salvage! Salvage is...a wierd thing for me. I love Salvage, and I make it when I can -- the sad and unfortunate part is that these past few months I've been so in and out that I don't have the attendance to back my priorities (Which Ringthree forgot anyhow =P). However, I have no problem with tagging along to watch other LS Members get thier gear, not to mention, I could very well grab some of my own peices randomly along the way. The part I've been struggling with is that is seems Skadi's Gear has been stratigically placed so if you want Skadi you have to go Skadi...whereas...well! Let's take Quigglypuss as an example. =) He's been in out Shell for a very, very short time and he has even more pieces compelted then Izman I think! Q is one lucky bastard, and I think it's just been because he's been in the right runs at the right times. That's because Ares drops everywhere!

Maybe I should level Dragoon...

Anyhow! Suffice to say, sometimes even when we do a good run but get no drops I tend to get down rather hard because not only am I not getting drops -- but my friends aren't getting drops, which means it'll take longer for me to get drops. One reason for this is that while I'm busy not being around (these past couple months) it only takes a couple weeks for everyone else to do bosses and get all thier 25s. Now, all they need is 35s. So, whenever I look at my drop chart it looks so empty and is just so disheartening.

But no more! We downed that Brain Jacking Fucker in SSR last night and lo' and behold! He dropped Freya's Mask AND Freya's Jerkin! Putting me at 7\15 in one fell swoop! And, keep in mind that 2\15 of the ones I need are 100% drops. I'm missing only one 25 at this point, which is pants. And, of course, all 35s. The feet are going to straight to me provided I'm there, the pants which we've never seen are going to Foxy then Illius, then me hopefully. The Body is going to Foxy, then me I think. The hands to Illius and the mask I don't think anyone needs. The good news is that the Mask\Body drop from the same NM and since it's Bhaflau Rampart farming there's a good chance they can both drop, more then once. And once the March update comes hopefully they drop more often AND of course, SSR should drop more which means Skadi's Gloves for everyone!

Of course, I want the whole Skadi Set. I have my priorities set on Feet > Body. I'm trying to put them in an order that I'll get quicker, rather then what I need most. Body is the best WS body for Thief in the game and pants are the best TP, IMO. They have 1% less haste then Homam, but they have more Acc and they have a chunk of Store TP, so those are for sure on my list of must have for my final Thief setup.

I think all that about wraps it up. I'm going to have a LOT more time this semester\summer, so I hope to be at Salvage a lot more. Get people lots more drops, get me a few too. So! Here's hoping!

No comments: