Mission Progress

  • Windurst Rank 10, Complete.
  • Bastok Rank 10, Complete.
  • San d'Oria Rank 10, Complete.
  • Rise of the Zilart, Complete.
  • Chains of Promathia, Complete.
  • Treasure of Aht Urghan, Complete.
  • Assault Rank, First Lieutenant.
  • Campaign Rank, Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮

Salvage Progress - Skadi's Cuirie Set

  • 15 - O - O - C - O = Skadi's Visor
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Cuirie
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Bazubands
  • O - 25 - O - O - O = Skadi's Chausses
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Jambeaux

Salvage Progress - Morrigan's Robe Set

  • O - O - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Crown
  • 15 - 25 - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Robe
  • 15 - 25 - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Cuffs
  • O - O - 35 - O - G = Morrigan's Slops
  • O - O - 35 - O - G = Morrigan's Pigaches

Monday, April 7, 2008

Full Time Thief?

I know I've given quite a bit of praise to Versus already. To some, it might seem like I'm just trying to kiss my way to the top, whatever. I've been playing this game for well over 5 years -- 233 days accumulatively. The only places that have ever felt like home were, one maybe two Socials. End Game Shells? Never. It's always felt like a commitment.

Versus, I've been telling people I'm happy here, which I am. However, I think it's more then that. Ringthree has, on more then one occasion now, referred to me as 'a full time thf for the shell'. Yes, we have other people who has Thieves and yes, we have other jobs who can do the things he's training me to do. However, that could be said for every job and for every person in a linkshell.

Up until now, I've never felt like I have a specific place or role in a Linkshell. I've never felt like people want me to be there, if that makes any sense? When we think of our shells, there are lots of roles that people fill...who are your tanks? Who your DDs? Who are your Mages? Leaders? Etc. I've never really fell into one of those before. But, now I feel like in Versus I'm getting to that point. Something needs to be pulled or we need a TH and people won't go..."Whose the Thief today?" or "Whose pulling today?", soon it's going to be "Where's Kallo?".

Forget the gear, forget everything else -- I think that's what I've been waiting for. I'm glad I found this shell. =)

Skurlover got both Enlil's Kolluks AND Freya's Ledelsens off Archaic Chariot on Arrapago Remnants last sunday! @.@ Congratulations on that man! Now we just need to get Izzy his so I can get mine undisputed. =P

That's another thing about Versus, I don't know what it is about the people -- but I don't mind passing on stuff I can use for other people. Like, usually it's "Ok, we both need it...let's lot. Grats to whoever." However, being around these guys makes me want to pass to others first because I know I'll get mine in due time.

Anyhow -- on to pictures!

We did North West Apollyon today. That's the King one, with all the big bosses like Faffy and Behemoth. I got to pull, wee! I pulled the boss on the first floor first, aha...but we won. No problem. Was really nervous because my enter key was spazzing out on me the entire time. But it was a good run! No, deaths on my part or anything, though I had a few links on the first floor. I got some pictures coming in a second, hold your damn horses. So, we got through alright. Got 4 ABCs putting me at 26\75 for my Boxer's Mantle. I also got my 2nd RNG AF+1 Material...so, I can get one of those if I want! Which, I will after my Mantle. I guess...that's all that happened today! Here are some pictures!

6 comments:

Kyle said...

Being fulltime X is a nice thing, however the vast majority of people in endgame will never become that. Mostly it is due to attendance vs skill. Your skill as a thief is a there, this is undisputed on my part. Now you just need to be there a lot. However there is also the chance one of the other thieves will be 'miffed' about the change. That is unless they all prefer different jobs, then you will be a godsend. ;)

Kallo said...

Yea...lucky for me, the are...three other Thieves in the LS. All of which have BLM, one has BRD, one has WHM, the other has...everything, lol. I beleive R3's words were...

"We finally have a Full-time THF, so we don't need to sacrifice much needed mage jobs now."

=) And so far (Though it's only been a week an one day =P) I've made it to every event except one b\c I was doing LBR. =P

Chrys said...

Glad you found a place to call home Kallo!! <3

Omoikitte said...

Since I am the leader of the ls, I think I can add something to this discussion ^.^

Despite the fact that I have had to take an enforced leave of action, so as of yet, have been unable to welcome Kallo to the ls in my own special way (it involves death ^.^).

Vs has always been an ls where if someone wants to try out a job, providing it isn't detrimental to the performance of the linkshell, I am all for it, but when someone wants to commit to a job within the ls it is always exciting, and while of course attendance counts for a lot, it isn't always written off for skill. The other thieves in my ls are also not going to sit and pout in a corner because Kallo is now fulfilling a role, we just don't operate like that, people work as a group, and they just get to it as something else.

If you really are in an ls where you are primarly just a grunt, I think that is kind of a sad situation to be in, everyone in my ls is an important member, and plays a part in making sure the linkshell works as a whole. Which means I will switch out jobs for gods, everyone gets a shot, there are not those who constantly sit on the sidelines watching everyone else have all the fun.

Honestly the only situation that is going to occur in is if you really manage to alienate the entire ls. Heck I make NIN, PLD and WAR tank, even the odd suicidal SAM who wants fun with Genbu on occasion as well ^.^ After all if you want to be part of the community and care, then you need to be involved in it.

Versus is a linkshell where the amount you involve yourself is reflected in how well you bond with the group. If you really don't care, or are just in it for yourself, you will quickly find yourself isolated, we just don't really ever accept people like that into the ls. They always remain the outsider. But those who just jump in and want to muck in are welcomed and heckled with glee. ^.^

(Ps, I had to create an account JUST to post this >.<)

Kyle said...

Omoikitte thank you for posting in response (/highjacks Kallo's blog! HA!)

I feel I should clarify that the reason I mention these things are that I have just witnessed it too many times. I would note Kallo is one of the few people who I think can become a dedicated thief, and not blow at it (most I meet tend to be lazy).

I did not mean the prior comment as a slight vs...Vs... (seems odd to type that) more as a cautionary tale which I have no doubt Kallo has seen before.

REGARDLESS! Get the boy a pair of AF2 to get TH4! STAT! ;)

Kallo said...

Omoi! Firstly, my apologies! I thought I had set up my blog so even anonymous posters could comment. >.<

Secondly, I'm in Obsidian Armi =) I'll get my TH4 soon enough. @.@

Thirdly, back to Omoi! I'm flattered you took the time to look at even one of my posts -- so you've no doubt know how I feel about the shell over all.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. As much as I like to be Thief and marvel at the idea of being a full-time Thief for a LS -- I know there are better, perhaps even more skilled Thieves in the LS and taking a backseat isn't a problem.

As for a Welcome involving Death...unless it's ,"Kallo go die or you're out of the shell." You'll find it's pretty tough to snub out this Rogue. =P

I look forward to finally getting to meet you, instead of just hearing your voice over Vent. =D