Mission Progress

  • Windurst Rank 10, Complete.
  • Bastok Rank 10, Complete.
  • San d'Oria Rank 10, Complete.
  • Rise of the Zilart, Complete.
  • Chains of Promathia, Complete.
  • Treasure of Aht Urghan, Complete.
  • Assault Rank, First Lieutenant.
  • Campaign Rank, Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮

Salvage Progress - Skadi's Cuirie Set

  • 15 - O - O - C - O = Skadi's Visor
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Cuirie
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Bazubands
  • O - 25 - O - O - O = Skadi's Chausses
  • COMPLETED = Skadi's Jambeaux

Salvage Progress - Morrigan's Robe Set

  • O - O - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Crown
  • 15 - 25 - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Robe
  • 15 - 25 - 35 - C - G = Morrigan's Cuffs
  • O - O - 35 - O - G = Morrigan's Slops
  • O - O - 35 - O - G = Morrigan's Pigaches

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Unpause!

So, it seems I haven't used this blog in quite some time...I think I'm going to start trying to remedy that. We'll begin with a update of my current situation, since some pretty deep things have happened recently. I may\may not get flak for it, honestly, it doesn't matter either way. But, at least this way if people absolutely NEED an explanation I can point them to here.

Just a quick note before I drop this wall of text, this isn't drama. At least, I don't consider it drama. I'd say it's life, shit happens. =P We deal and get over it. Anyhow!

Last semester, in real life, I was put on Academic Probation. What this means, is that my Total GPA was under a 2.0. When put on Academic Probation you have 2 or 3, I don't remember exactly, semesters to raise your GPA to a 2.0+ or you are removed from the University. This isn't your normal 'Bye bye for this semester, come back next' it means you're gone for good and need to be re-matriculated.

This semester isn't looking so good -- two of my classes which I perform poorly in by nature were suffering even more then usual. So, I knew sacrifices needed to be taken...

So, I decided to put FFXI on hold until school was over. Just a week or so before this, I re-assumed my position as a STRIFE Officer. Things weren't going great, but they were good and shaping up and I had faith. Then, after two nights of talking with some friends and really evaluating my current state in life, I decided I had to step away...it was extremely bad timing, but I felt it was the right choice.

Also, a week prior, in fact the day AFTER I got my Pearl Sack for STRIFE, I was offered a position with Versus. I turned it down because of my commitment STRIFE.

A little over a week or so has gone by since leaving STRIFE and my decision to put FFXI on hold. It's been extremely rough...just severing ties of friendship, leaving behind the wonderful world of Vana'diel. Too make things even worse...both my roommates still play FFXI and so everyday I was exposed to how much fun they were having.

I was reviewing some classes for next semester a few days ago and upon inspecting my GPA, I was over a 2.0. Which means, I was removed from Academic Probation last semester and just didn't realize it.

So, I decided that freezing my account would've just been a waste of 10$ (Because I'd have to pay a re-activation fee the same month I'd be leaving\coming back). I'm not going to quit the game...but I am going to try to cut back until my major finals are out of the way. In the meantime, I have taken Versus up on their offer since some people were a bit sore from me leaving STRIFE.

Personally, it's seems the same if not better then it was before I became an officer. And the people claimed I didn't do anything anyhow...so, based on those two facts it shouldn't matter much that I'm with Versus now.

I still love everyone in STRIFE to death, especially my old StrengthofOdin Brothers and Sisters.

At this point, I'm just putting one chapter behind me and starting a new one. Versus has some of my really, really, really old friends in it that I'm looking forward to working with. I've got no regrets, people will get over it or they won't. If they want to continue to be sour over something like this...that's fine too, but I'm moving forward.

That's about it, that's my situation as of late. You can probably catch me in-game during Versus Events when I don't have homework and such, but other then that I'll probably be pretty scarce.

I'm out!

No comments: